Friday, February 27, 2009

Oh! The hammock district !?

Today all I have for you are some reminders of great moments in history courtesy of Marc Lemire.

First order of business is a picture Marc took from the distant land of Quebec City inspired by this Simpsons moment:

Hank: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that?
Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut,
that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got
Put-Your-Butt-There?
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact,
they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on
third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district.
Hank: That's right.

Now that I have established context here is the pic:


I also recommend that you check out my answer to this post where I explore the hammock district of Florianopolis, Brasil.

The second thing that Marc thought it would be mission critical to do today is to remind ourselves about U2’s 1993 hit “Lemon” from the Zooropa album. I came up with that idea 2 weeks ago but whatever…

BTW, My friend Meghan gave me a X-Mas hammock (as is clearly demonstrated by the xmas coloured fonts I used in Homer Simpson and Hank Scorpios' hammock related dialogue). How many xmas hammocks did Meghan give you Marc? ...
That's what I thought!

Enjoy your video everyone. But do it cause you want to, not cause some fat cat down at Capital Hill told you to. "PEACE!" (Andy Samberg style)

No comments: