Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tributing Stuff (Part 9): Tribute to Ambigram

Made popular by Dan Brown's novel Angels and Demons, ambigrams are back in vogue after a few slumping centuries of being outside the spot (candle) light. As part 9 in my 397 part series "Tributing Stuff", I am tipping my hat to this freak of nature. Ambigrams are the "double joint" of the literary anatomy. The are mysterious and probably the result of black magic and or witchcraft which I may or may not be against depending on its current "tweetability". I have a TradeMark on that word so you can forget about using it George Stromboulompolobo..po... You know who you are!

Now I'm not saying that Ambigrams don't have a place in this world. Traveling circuses offer a great business model for this product of the underworld, right between the Siamese wolfmen and the Brearded women. I myself have a couple of these little cancers! But before I expose them to lethal doses of chemotherapy and radiation I thought I should share them with you children so that you have something worthwhile to point at while you eat your candy apple and cotton candy.

Be not frightened but do not approach the cage.

This ones Says "McNulty" written frontwards or backwards.


This one says Michael in one direction but turn it 180 degrees and it says McNulty, Behold:
Does this mean that I am a wizard? Of course not! Does it mean that I posses special powers? Probably. My point is that if you believe in something strong enough - no matter how impossible is many seem, you can easily end up in a straight-jacket within 3-4 months. Tops!

"Sleep tight mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts"


PS: If you want to make your own ambigrams simply solve THIS simple puzzle.

No comments: