Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lost Marathon Final (Finale) Stretch: The Candidate


I did it. I did what some people thought was impossible but more sophisticated people knew was just plain... I don't want to say "dumb"... stupid! What I did is I watched the "entire" 5 & 3/4 seasons of ABC's hit series Lost in a mega marathon crunched into 30 days. During this time I caught up on 110 episodes of the show in defiance of all logic. With episodes lasting 42-43 minutes, that's about 75-80 hours of genuine commercial-free network drama. Now, I'm not one to gloat, but I really took this thing to town. Devoting almost all my TV viewing efforts to this monumental task (NHL Playoffs being the exception), I caught up on almost 6 years of story line. Plus anyone who knows anything about Lost is aware that that story line is not straight, but is indeed looped, twisted and frayed.

During the first 3 seasons I was pretty intense. I analyzed things and came up with a bunch of theories and stuff as can be read in my piece entitled LOST - Season 1, 2 & 3 (Relationships, Characters and Plot) (which is just a run through of some of the ideas I had). From season 4 on, I really didn't try to come up with any new theories but just sat back and enjoyed the ride, occasionally eliminating a theory, but more often than not, confirming one. At this point my theory that they are in Hell was semi-confirmed by the character who is supposedly the devil. I don't consider anything confirmed until the show is over. Especially things that were stated by the one character you shouldn't trust.

Anyway, all theories will be confirmed or disproved over the next 3 weeks. As for me, tonight I will watch my first live episode! The episode is called "The Candidate" and according to ABC "Jack must decide whether or not to trust Locke after he is asked to follow through on a difficult task." I'm sorry, isn't that what happened in the first 110 episodes? At least they're consistent.

You know what? If it wasn't before, then this blog is now officially lame. I really need some new material or maybe some real writers...

Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.

No comments: