Friday, May 7, 2010

Ottawa Bear Hug III - 2010

Dear captive audience,
Bear Hug 3, Billy Madison Triscuit Cracker sceen, Guiness World Record, municipal food supply, Ottawa Bear Hug, Sens Foundation

Today was the 3rd Ottawa Bear Hug. I refer to this event a few posts ago when Billy Elliott donated some money to the charity. I participated because my dad is one of the organizers which deterministically implies that I am one of the volunteers :P. I took some photos and a video, the latter being much louder and more obnoxious than the former. I YouTubed it so you can all see what I mean. BTW I was at the "NOT cool person" post. That is to say; NOT the where the media, the sponsors, the Sens Foundation (including rising star Jesse Winchester) and other VIPs were. They were all up at the pedestrian bridge with all the food. I'm not saying that they ate the delicious Tim Horton's donuts. But I am saying that there were a lot less food in the afternoon than in the morning. What I am saying however is that those who I previously mentioned were the ones who ate them. I also don't want to hear how sorry they are because "sorry" doesn't put the delicious desserts into my stomach does it?

Also before I forget, hundreds of thousands of dollars were raised for charity and a new Guiness World Record may have been set.

I would like to thank everyone who helped make this event possible (present company included). And a special thanks to all our VIP who really made this event possible (despite allegedly demolishing the municipal food supply).








Update as of Jan 10th 2011:

Its official, the record was broken on that fateful day. So the Ottawa Bear Hug is now the biggest bear hug ever:

“I can see that your attempt was approved as a new Guinness World Record on 4 January and certificate has been sent to you already.”
Congratulations!

Aleksandr Vypirailenko,
Records Manager

Guinness World Records

No comments: