Monday, September 8, 2008

Lazy Sunday - The Chronicle of the Laundry Solution

Sunday night was not great as nothing useful was open, particularly the laundromat. I went to the grocery store instead (which never seem to close) and got what I believe is laundry detergent (there were picture of people enjoying towels and stuff on the cover). My gas at home was not turned on either so I talk to the landlord Eriba about it in one of our broken Portugese-English-signlanguage conversations. I think that we understood each other. I'll see if he really understood when I get back. Hopefully he won't be in the yard buning all my clothes in a gas fire while giving me the "thumbs-up?" looking for approval. BTW Thumbs up are HUUUUUGE here in Florianopolis!
Here is a video of me last night explaining my situation and demoing one of my solutions.

After making this video I remembered that I have shutters on my windows so I closed them to keep the light in then turned on my light for some extra drying power. Also the cold air of the night turned my window into a condenser/dehumidifier... My clothes where quite dry by morning ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, but I created the basic idea for the "Disco Dryer" a while ago. I would ask that you not call it "Mike's Disco Dryer", unless we come to some sort of licencing agreement.

Mike McNulty said...

That's absurd! Everyone knows that I been drying my clothes in this fashion since colonial days!